Union Public Service Commission has announced a notification regarding the exam to be conducted for Geo-Scientist & Geologist exam 2018. The candidates who are interested can check their eligibility and apply for the recruitment. There are total 70 vacancies which require to be filled and the candidates should apply before the last date i.e. 16th April 2018. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. The candidates are required to apply as soon as possible as the centre shall be allotted on First come First allot basis, so candidate shall be asked to choose centre from remaining ones. Other details like Qualification, experience, age limit, pay scale, allowances and how to apply is given below.
UPSC Recruitment | Union Public Service Commission Recruitment | CGS, Geologist, IES/ ISS Exam
Name of the Organization : Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
UPSC IES/ ISS, CGS & Geologist Exam 2018 Post.
1. Posts in Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines (Category –I).
i. Geologist, Group A : 24 Posts.
ii. Geophysicist, Group A : 17 Posts.
iii. Chemist, Group A : 06 Posts.
2. Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources (Category- II).
i. Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A : 23 Posts.
1. An Interview or Personality test will be held by a Personality Test to assess the candidate’s capacity for leadership, initiative & intellectual curiosity, tact & other social qualities, mental & physical energy, powers of practical application, integrity of character and aptitude for adapting themselves to the field life.
2. The written exam includes questions regarding General English and relevant questions from the stream the candidate has applied for.
3. There shall be 3 parts of 200 marks each in 3 hours each.
4. The centres for the exam shall be on the First come First allot basis.
Education Required for UPSC IES/ ISS, CGS & Geologist Exam.
1. Education qualification required for Geologists Post is Master’s Degree in either of the Subjects.
i. Geological Science
iii. Applied Geology
v. Mineral Exploration
vi. Engineering Geology
vii. Marine Geology
viii. Earth Science & Resource Management
ix. Oceanography and Coastal Areas Study
x. Petrol Geo Science
xi. Geo chemistry
xii. Geological Technology
xiii. GeoPhysical Technology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or an educational institution.
2. Education required for the Post of Geophysicists is M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a recognized University.
3. Education required for the Post of Chemists is M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a Recognized University.
4. Education required for the Post of Junior Hydro geologists is Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a Recognized University.
1. The age limit for the Post of Geologist, Geophysicist & Chemist is 21 years to 32 years.
2. The age limit for the Junior Hydrogeologist Posts is 21 years to 35 years.
3. The age relaxation for.
i. SC/ ST candidates is 5 years.
ii. OBC candidates is 3 years.
iii. Ex-Defense personnel is 5 Years.
iv. Blind, Deaf-mute, orthopedically handicapped persons is 10 years.
1. The application fee for General category candidates is Rs. 200/-.
2. There is no fee for Female/ SC/ ST/ PwD candidates.
3. The fee has to be deposited through.
i. Branch of SBI by cash.
ii. By net banking facility of State bank of India.
iii. By using Visa/Master/ RuPay Credit/Debit Card.
The salary shall be as per government rules and regulations.
Important Documents Required.
1. Attested copy of certificate of age.
2. Attested copy of Educational qualification.
3. Attested copy of SC/ ST/ OBC category.
4. Certificate for Disability proof.
How to Apply for UPSC, CGS, Geologist Jobs 2018.
1. Go to the official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in.
2. Click on ‘ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC’ option.
3. Select the required advertisement i.e. ‘COMBINED GEO-SCIENTIST AND GEOLOGIST EXAMINATION’ option.
4. Read all the details carefully.
5. Go back and click on ‘ Part-I Registration’ option.
6. Fill the details as asked.
7. Agree to the details and continue.
8. Then apply for ‘Registration Part-II’ and fill the details as instructed by the UPSC website.
9. Upload all the documents asked as per requirement.
10. Deposit the application fee.
11. Applicants who opt for “Pay by cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only as the “Pay by cash” mode option will be de-activated at 23.59 hours of 15.04.2018 i.e one day before the closing date.
12. Take a print out of the form for future use.
Important Dates for UPSC, CGS, Geologist Vacancies 2018.
1. The starting date to apply for the Posts is 21st March 2018.
2. The last date to apply for the post is 16th April 2018.
3. The last date for Fee Payment is 15th April 2018. (By Cash)
4. The last date for Fee Payment is 16th April 2018. (Online)
5. The date of examination is 29th June 2018.
1. The E-mail IDs provided should be valid and active.
2. Compensatory 20 minutes per hour shall be provided for Blind candidates & the candidates with locomotor disability & Cerebral Palsy.
3. If any candidate does not appear in any paper would mean that the written examination shall stand rejected.
4. If the candidate does not receive the admission certificate regarding the candidature for examination certificate, one should contact the Commission.