Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021 :
On its official website, www.punjabpolice.gov.in, the Punjab Police Recruitment Board has invited eligible candidates to apply online for 560 vacant posts of Male and Female Sub-Inspectors (SI). On July 6, 2021, the official notification for SI recruitment in Punjab Police under Advt No. 1/2021 was released. The online application process for Sub Inspector positions will commence on July 6, 2021, and the deadline to apply is July 27, 2021. Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021 is an entirely online application process.
Punjab Police SI Bharti 2021 Overview in Points :
An outline of the Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021 is provided below. To understand the Punjab Police SI Selection criterion, aspirants need look at the table below.
- Organization Name : Punjab Police Recruitment Board.
- Of Total Vacancies : 560 Vacancies.
- Name Of The Posts : Sub Inspectors.
- Online Registration Starts : 06th July 2021.
- Last Date to Apply : 27th July 2021.
- Application Mode : Online.
- Job Category : Government Jobs.
- Official website : punjabpolice.gov.in.
- Job Location : Punjab, India.
Punjab Police SI Notification PDF :
On July 6, 2021, the official notification for the Sub-Inspector vacancies in the Punjab Police Exam was published on the official website @punjabpolice.gov.in. Interested candidates can download the complete notification containing all the information about the Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021, including the eligibility criteria, the application process, and much more.
Important Dates Punjab Police SI Jobs 2021 :
The dates have been provided below for the candidates’ reference from the date of release of the official notification for Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021 until the day of beginning of Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021.
- Notification Release Date : 06th July 2021.
- Starting Date for Apply Online : 06th July 2021 (4 pm).
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application : 27th July 2021 (11:55 pm).
- Last Date to Pay Application Fees : To be announced.
- Date of Exam : 17th – 31st August 2021.
Punjab Police Senior Inspector Recruitment 2021 District Wise Vacancy Details :
The Punjab Police Recruitment Board is accepting applications for Sub Inspectors. The Board has announced 560 positions in four different cadres for 2021, namely District Police Cadre, Armed Police Cadre, Investigation Cadre, and Intelligence Cadre, which are shown below in tabular form for Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021.
- District Police cadre : 87 posts.
- Armed Police Cadre : 97 posts.
- Intelligence cadre : 87 posts.
- Investigation cadre : 289 posts.
Eligibility Criteria :
Before applying for any of the Sub Inspector (SI) positions, a candidate must read the eligibility requirements and ensure that he or she meets them in terms of educational qualifications as well as the age restriction for Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021, which is listed below :
(i). Education Qualification required for Punjab Police SI Vacancies 2021 :
Sub Inspector (District Police Cadre) : The candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university or it’s equivalent.
Sub Inspector (Armed Police Cadre) : The candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university or it is equivalent.
SI (Investigation Cadre) : The candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university or it’s equivalent.
Intelligence Officer (in the rank of Sub Inspector, Intelligence Cadre) :
Candidates should be :
- a) A graduate from a recognized University or Institution, as the case may be, provided that such candidate shall also possess an ‘0’ Level Certificate of Information Technology from the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) (earlier called as DOEACC);
- b) A Graduate from a recognized University or Institution with Computer Science, or Computer Applications: or Information Technology as one of the elective subjects during the entire duration of graduation;
- c) B.Sc/B.Tech/B.E in Information Technology, or Computer Science; or Computer Engineering or Computer Science & Engineering; or Information Systems / Computer Networking / Data Science / Software Engineering / BCA / Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications from a recognized University or Institution, as the case may be.
(ii). Age limit for Punjab Police Senior Inspector Jobs 2021 :
The candidate must be at least 18 years old and no older than 28 years old.
Category wise Age Relaxation :
SC/ST/BC : 05 Years.
Ex-Servicemen : 03 Years.
Govt Employees : 05 Years.
(iii). Nationality :
The candidate must be an Indian citizen. He/ she should not have received citizenship, permanent residency, or a green card from another nation.
(iv). Mandatory Qualification :
Candidates must have passed the Matriculation test with Punjabi as one of the required or elective courses, or any other similar Punjabi language examination as defined by the Punjab Government from time to time.
Where a ward of a Defence Service Personnel who is a bonafide resident of Punjab state is appointed by direct appointment, he must pass a Punjabi language examination equivalent to Matriculation Standard or qualify for a test conducted by the Language Wing of the Punjab Government Department of Education within two years of his appointment.
The selection procedure will consist of two (two) stages, each of which will include the following tests:
- Stage I: A computer-based test with two (2) multiple-choice question papers that will be administered on the same day.
- Stage II: (i) Document Scrutiny.
(ii) Physical Measurement Test (PMT).
(iii) Physical Screening Test (PST).
Note that the Physical Measurement Test and the Physical Screening Test must both be qualifying.
Document Scrutiny :
Candidates who have been selected for Stage 2 of the selection process must report for document inspection on the scheduled date(s) and time(s) at the location listed on the Admit Card. The information will be posted on the Recruitment Portal. Candidates must bring the originals of the following certificates, as well as one self-attested copy of each document :
- a) A certificate of matriculation as proof of age.
- b) A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Apart from the foregoing, if applying for the position of Intelligence Officer, an extra certificate indicating appropriate qualifications as prescribed.
- c) Evidence of Punjabi proficiency at the Matriculation level or equivalent.
- d) If applicable, a certificate from the Competent Authority to substantiate a claim for a reserved category.
- e) In the case of candidates who are currently employed by the government, a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Head of Department/Office concerned.
Physical Measurement Test for Punjab Police SI (PMT) :
Candidates who meet or exceed the specified minimum height, as stated in paragraph 5.4 above, will be considered for the Physical Screening Test (PST).
Punjab Police SI Physical Screening Test (PST) :
The physical criteria for District and Armed Police, as well as Intelligence and Investigation Police, are as follows:
Height : To be selected for subsequent tests in the Punjab Police SI Recruitment District, Armed, Intelligence, and Investigation cadres, a candidate must meet the following minimum height requirements.
Events : For selection as a Sub Inspector in the Punjab Police Force in 2021, you must participate in all of the events listed below. Racing, long jump, and high jump are examples of these events. Female candidates may have different minimum values.
Application Fee :
For applying to the Punjab Police SI recruitment 2021, there is a minimal application cost, which is mentioned below by category:
|Category||Application Fee (Rs.)||Examination Fee (Rs.)||Total (Rs.)|
|Ex-Servicemen (ESM) of Punjab, Linear Descends of ESM||700||0||700|
|SC/ST/BC of All States & OBC of Punjab State Only||700||200||900|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||700||200||900|
Candidates must pay the appropriate cost through the internet. No other method of fee payment will be considered. The fee will not be reimbursed once it has been paid.
Punjab Police SI Exam Pattern 2021 :
The Punjab Police SI Exam 2021 involves a Computer-Based Test (CBT) consisting of two papers of two hours each, each with 100 multiple choice questions and four marks provided for each correct answer.
|S. No.||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|01||General Awareness||Logical & Analytical Reasoning Data Interpretation|
|02||Quantitative Aptitude & Numerical Skills||Digital Literacy & Awareness|
Punjab Police SI Syllabus 2021 :
In summary, the Punjab Police SI Syllabus 2021 is provided here; candidates can use it to improve their preparation and raise their chances of being selected.
Paper 1:General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude & Numerical Skills, and Punjabi Language
Indian Constitution and its features, Central and State Legislature, Executive & Local Government Institutions, Judicial Institutions, History & Culture of India and Punjab, Science & Technology, Indian Economy, Geography & Environment, Current Affairs (National and International) including current legal developments, Awareness of issues concerning Diversity, Ethics & vulnerable sections of society
Quantitative Aptitude & Numerical Skills
Numbers & their relations, Simplification, Decimals and Fractions, Ratios and Proportions, Percentage, Average (Mean, Mode, Median), Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Time and Work, Mensuration, Speed, Time and Distance, Equations.
Punjabi Language skills including Sentence Completion and Structuring, Error Detection, Vocabulary (Synonyms/Antonyms, One Word Substitution etc.), Reading Comprehension/Passage, Translation from English to Punjabi, Precis Skills, Fill in the blanks
Paper 2: Logical & Analytical Reasoning and Data Interpretation, Digital Literacy & Computer Awareness and English Language
Logical & Analytical Reasoning and Data Interpretation
Statements & Conclusions, Number and Letter Series, Sequencing, Missing number, Pattern Completion, Order and Ranking, Direction and Distances, Data Sufficiency, Puzzles, Classification & Analogy, Calendars, Relationship Problems, Coding & Decoding, Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Legal reasoning, Data Interpretation (Graphs, Charts, Tables, Spreadsheets etc.
Digital Literacy & Computer Awareness
Fundamentals of Computers, Basics of Operating Systems, Computer Hardware, MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Internet & Worldwide web, Social Media Platforms, Web Search engines, VoIP communication, Mobile Phones (basic conceptual knowledge), Instant messaging Applications – WhatsApp, Signal etc., Basics of Data Encryption, Basics of Cyber Security
English Language skills, including Sentence Completion and Structuring, Error Detection, Vocabulary (Synonyms/Antonyms, One Word Substitution, etc.),
Reading Comprehension/Passage, Translation from Punjabi to English, Precis Skills, Fill in the blanks
How to Apply for Punjab Police SI Bharti 2021?
Candidates can apply for Punjab Police Recruitment 2021 vacancies in various cadres by following the guidelines outlined below.
- Visit the Punjab Police Department’s official website at punjabpolice.gov.in. To get started, go to the above-mentioned direct link.
- Select the recruitment tab from the drop-down menu.
- Find the most recent SI Post job openings.
- To apply online, go to the Online Application Link.
- Register as a new user by clicking on New User.
- Fill in all of the needed information.
- To calculate the application fee, click here.
- To submit your work, go to the Final Submission Link.
- Make a copy of the Application Form for your records.
Punjab Police Senior Inspector Pay Scale :
On the recommendations of an in-house committee of the Finance Department, the pay for the post of Sub-Inspector has been fixed at Rupees 35,400/- (minimum pay admissible) at Level 6 of the 7th CPC/Pay Matrix via its Letter No. FD-FP-10MISC/87/2020-2FP1 dated 29.12.2020 subject to the following conditions :
- According to instructions issued by the Punjab Government’s Department of Finance in Notification No. 7/204/2015-4FP1/66 dated 15.01.2015 and No. 7/204/2015-4FP1/853793 dated 04.10.2016, during the three-year probation period, only the minimum pay admissible will be paid, with no entitlement to annual increments or other allowances exempt travel allowance.
- Except for the minimum wage, the decision on allowances will be made later.
- There will be no changes to this pay matrix until the 6th Pay Commission’s report is received.
Punjab Police Senior Inspector Jobs 2021 Application Direct Link :
The registration and application process will be conducted entirely online. From July 6th through July 27th, 2021, interested applicants can apply online. For Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021, a direct link to apply online has been provided here : punjabpolice.gov.in
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) :
FAQ1: What is the application fee for Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021 for General Candidates?
Answer: The general applicant application fee for Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021 is Rs. 1500/-, and the application fee for each category is listed in the article above.
FAQ2: How many vacancies will be filled through Punjab Police Senior Inspector Recruitment 2021?
Answer: A total of 560 vacancies will be filled through Punjab Police Senior Inspector Recruitment 2021.
FAQ3: What is the Job Location for Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021?
Answer: Candidates selected for Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021 will be posted in Punjab, India.
FAQ4: What is the Application starting date of Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021?
Answer: The online registration for Punjab Police SI has been started from 06th July 2021.
FAQ5: What is the last date to submit an online application for Punjab Police SI Registration 2021?
Answer: 27th July 2021 is the last date to submit an online application for Punjab Police SI Registration 2021.
FAQ6: What is the required age limit for applying candidates?
Answer: The age limit is 18 years for males and 28 years for women, with category-wise relaxations listed above in the article for Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021.
FAQ7: What will the Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021 Exam Pattern be?
Answer: The written computer-based test for Punjab Police SI Recruitment 2021 will consist of two papers, each lasting two hours and containing 100 multiple choice questions with four marks awarded for each correct answer.
Disclaimer : Dear Job Aspirants, we took utmost care while posting the latest 2021 vacancies, however, we suggest you go through the official website and read the full official advertisement notification carefully before applying online.
For the latest vacancy updates keep visiting www.edufork.in