Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB) is responsible for power generation, transmission & distribution. The board has invited applicants to fill up vacancies of 325 Assistant Engineer/Electrical Posts. The application for TNEB TANGEDCO jobs has to be submitted through online mode for Direct Recruitment. The Job location is Tamil Nadu. The last date till candidates can apply is 28th Feb 2018. Other details like Qualification, experience, age limit, pay scale, allowances and how to apply is given below.
TNEB TANGEDCO Recruitment 2018 | Assistant Engineer Jobs in Tamil Nadu Generation & Distribution Corp. Ltd
Name of the Organization : Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB).
1. Assistant Engineer (Electrical) : 273 Posts.
2. Electronics & communication Engineer : 21 Posts.
3. Computer Science/ IT Engineer : 06 Posts.
4. Assistant Engineer (Civil) : 25 Posts.
1. The order of study should be maintained i.e. 10th standard, HSC/Diploma, U.G Degree from recognized university of Tamil Nadu.
2. Correspondence mode for education will not be recognized.
3. The Assistant Engineer (Electrical) Post requires a bachelor’s degree in EEE/ECE/EIE/CSE/IT Engineering.
4. One can also have passed AMIE (section A & B) under Electrical Engineering Branch.
5. The candidate should have a proper knowledge of Tamil language.
6. The persons not having Tamil as their first language should PASS the Tamil language exam within probation period.
1. The candidates shall apply through online mode to appear in competitive written exam.
2. The selection of the candidate is dependent on the competitive exam marks and rules of reservation.
3. If the vacancies are not filled with female candidates for the selection reserved for them, the positions will be filled by male candidates.
4. The differently abled people require to produce the disability certificate specifying the degree of disability from Medical Board. They will get age concession up to 10 years & above.
Documents required before applying.
1. Scanned image, signature & Left-hand thumb impression in jpeg format.
2. Scanned Provisional or Degree certificate.
3. Scanned Community certificate in PDF format only.
4. Scanned copy of the certificate for special category reservation in PDF format only.
5. Scanned copy of Studied prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium.
Selection Process for TANGEDCO jobs 2018.
1. The Competitive Written exam will take place which will include objective type in OMR format of Engineering Standard.
2. For electrical engineering candidates, it will be English & for Civil candidates, it will be in English as well as Tamil.
3. The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
4. The question paper will consist of 3 parts which will be set at under Graduate Level.
5. The centres for examination are Chennai, Coimbatore, Vellore, Villupuram, Erode, Thiruchirapalli, Madurai & Tirunelveli.
1. The age limit for SC, SC (A), ST, MBC/DC, BCO, BCM and Destitute Widows is 18 years to no limit.
2. The age limit for others is 18 years to 30 years.
1. At training period, candidate will get Rs.15,200/-pm.
2. The salary package for Assistant Engineering Posts is Rs.10,100/- to Rs.34, 800/- plus Grade pay of Rs.5100/-.
Application Fee 2018.
1. The exam fee for OC, BCO, BCM, MBC/MD is Rs.500/- plus GST Rs.90/-.
2. The exam fee for SC, SCA, ST, Widows & PwDs is Rs.250/- plus GST Rs.45/-.
3. The candidate has to pay the service tax as applicable to the bank.
4. The persons claiming for concession requires to produce evidence for such claim.
5. The fee has to be paid through bank challan or through online payment.
6. For Challans, select either Canara Bank or Indian Bank or Indian Overseas Bank.
Application Process 2018.
1. Go to the official website i.e. www.tangedco.gov.in.
2. Go to ‘Direct Recruitment-Assistant Engineers-TANGEDCO’ under ‘Apply online’ option.
3. Register ID with active mobile number.
4. Login with ID & password registered.
5. Upload required documents.
6. Apply for the required post.
7. Deposit examination fee.
8. Click “Download Challan” option for payment challan which the candidates needs to take print out.
9. Go to the nearest branch of Indian bank or Canara bank or Indian Overseas Bank as the case may be, to make the payment.
10. Download the Application form in PDF format.
Points for Rejection in Applications.
1. If the application reached after closing date.
2. If candidate is ineligible.
3. Any asked document is not uploaded as directed.
4. If candidate has invalid reservation certificate.
1. Candidates are advised to apply online much before the closing date for their own good.
2. The candidates are advised not to share any email ID or mobile number to any person.
3. One should create his/her own email ID and not use someone else’s ID.
4. Request for change in application will not be entertained.
5. The number of candidates are liable to increase or decrease at any time before finalization of selection.
6. The differently abled persons should produce a copy of physical fitness specifying degree of disability from Medical Board.
7. Any claim, if proved to be wrong, shall be rejected.
8. Applying for the post through online or written competitive written exam alone will not guarantee for appointment or selection to the post.
9. An online application uploaded without photograph, signature, and thumb impression will be rejected.
10. Candidate who have One Time Registration User ID and Password have to apply separately for all Notifications. One Time Registration will not be considered as an application for any post.
1. The date of notification is 14th February 2018.
2. The last date of payment of applications is 28th February 2018.
3. Upload of documents & payment through electronic mode is 28th February 2018.
4. Last date for payment of Fee through challan is 3rd March 2018.
5. Date & Time of exam will be notified shortly.
To Download the official notification of TANGEDCO Jobs click here.